BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.11.2009

Grandma Doris' Flowers

These photos are from a few weeks ago...before it started to be below freezing at night (say it ain't so!). Frost and chilly mornings are upon us.

Flower photos remind me that it will one day be warm again! Grandma has now safely tucked her begonias in the house to wait out the winter.

Enjoy!


My mama's favorite flower...the purple pansy!



White begonia. Grandma loves tubular begonias in every color. This year she found white, red, light pink and dark pink.


The red begonia.



Purple ruffled petunia. Say that three times fast!



A single clematis flower picked out from the herd.



The dark pink begonia. Notice the flower's friend in the background? I did not when I took this picture; I was too focused on the flower!



I love pansies too, Mama! The look so soft and inviting...the perfect kind of fairyland home for one of my childhood stories.



Light pink tubular begonias.



The cascades of purple clematis adorn either side of the tool shed door. I love them! The tool shed looks like it's been painted when these beauties bloom.



Grandma Doris and I hanging out among the flowers when it was still warm and sunny. Wait...I should not be dwelling on the freeze...keep looking at flower photos...pretend winter is not creeping up on me...just keep looking at the flowers...hmmm.


Until next time!


2 comments:

Jaina said...

That must have been before we went up and chopped wood the first weekend in October, because it was certainly not like that. I don't think I saw any outside flowers. Only the beautiful inside begonias.

The Duck Herder said...

red pink and purple flowers - my favorite! Looks like there is a lovely connection between you and your nana. Thanks for visiting my blog - yours is just beautiful.

Cheers
Duckie.