BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.20.2009

October Mornings

For your viewing pleasure, a few of my shots off my balcony! Living on a hill gives me plenty of opportunities to wake up with the sun. I love watching the trees change colors everyday from the balcony even though it's getting colder. Soon I'll have to drink my morning tea just inside the glass door for fear of freezing toes.


October 13, 2009
Foggy Morning

7:45am
Fingers of fog drape over the fall trees in Moscow.


8:00 a.m.
BAM! All of a sudden, you can only see the trees in front of our balcony. Fog is misting everything outside with a cold, wet layer.


Our view of campus...where?!?


8:15 a.m.
There is the UI campus! This was a fast moving fog, it pirouetted through Moscow in a flash.


I love the look of fog settled among the hills. It reminds me of driving along "The Shadowy St. Joe" River late at night and seeing the fog roll in the river valley. A few minutes after this there was no fog in sight!


8:30 a.m.
No fog! Just sunshine. It turned out to be a lovely sunny fall day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


October 17, 2009
Sunrise

Sometimes I am lucky enough to be awakened by the early morning sun through our bedroom window and see a sight like this above Paradise Ridge. Beautiful pink! I ran for my camera when I saw the pink sky as I woke up on Saturday morning at 6:40 a.m.


Tomer Butte peaks over the 'A' Street hill with the brilliant cloud display for only those who are awake at sunrise. I think I learned to be this crazy in Australia (thanks MAMA! hehe).


Pink Palouse. Perfect for Breast Cancer Awareness month!


A few minutes later the pink rays of sun vanished and only the wispy clouds remained.


Good morning sun!

Now back to bed....it was SATURDAY after all! :)

1 comments:

June said...

These photos made me feel so happy. Beautiful!

Thank you!