BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

5.22.2011

May Rain, Seedlings Protection, and Blooms

Introducing my new favorite gardening accessory:

The best part is that so far it's kitty proof!
No more chomping of my little seedlings.


We are currently living in the midst of road construction season. The top surface of our street got removed several weeks ago and then it rained and rained and rained for a few weeks. The end result was something we dubbed 'Lake Alki' - it stretched our entire block and at it's deepest it was probably 8 inches of water. Plenty of cars barreled right through, splashing mud all over!


More of Lake Alki


The cats don't care if it's raining, they get to stay inside.


Our neighbor's dog, who shares our backyard, LOVES it when Ry mows the lawn. He chases him all over, running in circles until he collapses on the deck panting.


Pretty crab apple tree blooms in the backyard.


My little prince Cupid and the apple tree. Our poor half dead christmas tree is on the deck now.


It's been a REALLY wet and cold spring so far but now that the blooms are coming out things are starting to look up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your property is so pretty ... I love all the space you have. Hm ... Lake Alki ... I grew up near Alki Beach in Seattle ... have you ever been?

Your blog is lovely ... your "follower" widget doesn't seem to be working so I'm going to add your blog to my blog roll ... so I won't miss a thing! :-)

outdoor.mom said...

great pics!! it is cold and wet here too :-)